Sunday, September 10, 2023

Horrible Weather App; Mission Weeks 22 & 23; Area: Uvaranas, Ponta Grossa, PR, Brasil

 Well I have started my 4th Transfer. I have stayed in Uvaranas, but Elder Gull and I parted ways last Monday. I am now with a new companion named Elder Jenkins. I didn't even know own his name until a few minutes before the van showed up and only 3 elders stepped out. There was a tall Brasileiro, an about my height American and a slightly shorter than me American. What I was told is that my new companion loves to work and that my legs would be dead because he walks so fast. I assumed it was the tall Brasileiro because it made sense in my head, but then the short American saw me and yelled "Elder Hyatt!" I found Elder Jenkins. He is actually pretty cool. Before the mission his life was all surfing and water polo. He is very strict on all the rules, but it is to our benefit and I'm actually glad for it. He is basically on his last legs too because here in about 4 months he will be finishing his mission, so yeah he has been teaching me a ton. He is what you call elite at what he does. It's been a great week and my legs aren't dead, but I am always exhausted by the time we get home.


This week has been good, but nothing too crazy or interesting has truly happened. It's mostly just been the weather. One day it said it would be 27⁰C and it rained the entire day and was cold. I was just in a sweater and man was I freezing for the rest of the day because I was completely soaked from head to toe even my shoes were full of water it rained so much and so hard, but I survived. Then again the app said it would be rainy and cold on Sunday, and IT WAS NOT. We visited people the whole day in our suits and I was sweating so much. It was dripping down my neck and my back. Man it was not fun, but fun at the same time. 

We had the opportunity to bring many people to church this Sunday. It was actually great because this past Sunday was fast and testimony meeting and many people went up and bore their testimonies about the gospel and aspects of the gospel and it was just a really great and spiritual meeting. After we visited a few families with Presidente Santos and it went well, but he does like to talk a lot so we were at each house for about an hour.

Today it was nice, hot and sunny, but now it's just a down pour of rain. It's crazy how the weather here is so unpredictable that there is no application that can correctly advise what the weather will be like. 

Anyway I wish I had more to say, but I'll do better expanding on my week next week. Here are some photos.

1. Elder Jenkins with protein powder we found today.
2. Elder Paes is the son of the Stake Pr
esident here and he left today to serve a full time mission in Mozambique.
3. One of the little alleyways we have to walk down to get to a house we are teaching
4. A video of a small river as it was pouring down rain.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Tongue Tied in my Native Tongue; Mission Weeks 72-73?; Area: Guaraituba, Boa Vista Zone

  Hello everyone! Welcome back to another email from Elder Hyatt, let's jump into it because a lot and not a lot has happened these past...