Sunday, April 2, 2023

Week 1 - Home Missionary Training Center (MTC)

 This was the first week of the MTC or rather CTM in Portuguese. The time actually flew by rather quickly. The first day was mostly introductions and explanations of how everything was going to work out. There are 12 people in my district 2 of which are Americans like me which is pretty cool. I also learned that my first companion is Elder Dan Cutler. He is pretty cool and musically talented. He is from St. George, Utah.  He is also half Brazilian. 

The rest of the week was scripture study and understanding the doctrines and principles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. In simplicity, everything comes down to the Savior of the world, Jesus Christ, and his Plan of Forgiveness for us all. 

It's truly fun and incredible being in an atmosphere surrounded by like-minded people while still being at home. I will say, you get pretty tired of staring at a screen after awhile. I am really looking forward to meeting everyone in person when I arrive in Brasil this Tuesday. I leave from St. Louis tomorrow, Monday April 3, for a 14 hr 35 min trip to Sao Paulo and start 2 weeks of missionary training at the MTC.   It has been a wonderful and heartwarming experience so far and we shall see what happens in the weeks to come.

 

Until next week,

 

Elder Andrew Blaine Hyatt II










2 comments:

Tongue Tied in my Native Tongue; Mission Weeks 72-73?; Area: Guaraituba, Boa Vista Zone

  Hello everyone! Welcome back to another email from Elder Hyatt, let's jump into it because a lot and not a lot has happened these past...