Tuesday, April 18, 2023

" LEAVING THE COMPOUND"; Last day at the MTC - 4/17/2023, Sao Paulo

 

I know I just barely sent an email, but I leave this spiritual prison tomorrow. Also, with that, I forgot to add a few people to the email, sorry Benji. 

 

Anyway, with this freedom I guess I'm just going to do a recap of my this past week in more detail, but less organized.

 

It’s honestly been a wonderful time here but man I hate stairs. We live on the 6th floor and have to take the stairs up and down every day for the past two weeks I couldn’t imagine being here and doing that longer. Our room is shared with Elder Nunes and Elder Santana and I have the top bunk. It’s not that bad except for when you finally wake up and you are freezing because you set the A/C to 16 Celso and it blows right as you all night. 

 

We had two classes every day except Sunday, and they were 3 hour classes with one 10 minute break. Irmã Trigo in the morning at 8am and Irmã Torres 1pm. I almost always got sleepy in Irmã Torres class. After classes we had time to study then 45 mins for physical activity where we basically only played volleyball. Proud to say I actually play decently now. Anytime Cutler and I had time to waste we'd go to our secret piano room and he would just write songs as I wrote/studied a bit. In 2 years keep your ears open for a new and upcoming artist because Dani boi has songs and they will touch your soul, just don’t ask him to play any hymns that aren’t used often because he doesn’t read hymns well haha. We also had district meetings almost every night and what a blessing that was to hear people's testimonies and to just hangout. Cutler taught the rest of the district how to play ninja and they all really get into it. 

 

Moving away from the district and to other people who have impacted my time here. 

 

Firstly, Elder Torgerson has been a great friend and someone I'm always happy to see and talk you. Wishing you the best. 

 

Next Sister Groll, Sister Nufer, Sister Speth, Sister McCellan its been fun getting to know you all and I'm glad that Cutler and I were able to make your time in the prison more enjoyable. Wishing you all the best with the rest of your time here. Keep me updated with how your missions go. 

 

Elder Larrosa, thank you for knowing just enough português to help me when i was thrown into a groupo espanhol. Foi ótimo para conhecer você. obrigado por sempre ser ótimo e sempre dizer olá quando nos encontramos.  boa sorte em sua missão e me mantenha atualizado.

 

Elder Lima obrigado por sempre ter um grande sorriso no rosto e por ser apenas um grande amigo. desejando-lhe o melhor em Brasília. cuide-se e mantenha-me atualizado.

 

This last day has been great actually. It’s been relaxing and it was kinda sad having our last devotional where our whole district interlocked arms (except the girls) and sang 'Till we Meet'. It was really nice, and the rest of the day has just been packing. This place has given me great memories like walking the small track for miles talking with Cutler about all sorts of things in life. Teasing Elder Nunes for drawing random Sisters in the CTM and giving them the drawings. Playing volleyball on the courts with our crazy Dominicano and our district. To all the great people we would meet at the devotionals. It’s been a great time and I'm excited to see what gets thrown at us next.

 

Next time you hear from me I'll be in Curitiba.

 

(I dont have many photos this time because the majority is on my camera, so you'll see them later haha)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Tongue Tied in my Native Tongue; Mission Weeks 72-73?; Area: Guaraituba, Boa Vista Zone

  Hello everyone! Welcome back to another email from Elder Hyatt, let's jump into it because a lot and not a lot has happened these past...