Wednesday, March 27, 2024

I Am 1 Year Old Today!; Mission Week 52; Area: Almirante Tamandare

 Thank you! For coming to my mission party! I'm 1 Year Old Today! Everything is going great!” 


Hello everyone! It's true I've officially hit 365 days…it's strange that a whole year ago I started this whole journey and now I only have a year left. Man I feel like this past year has both flown by and not. I've had many great and memorable experiences so far and now I have a year left to make many more! Anyway, let me tell y'all how this week has gone.

Splits➗
Did two splits this week, one in Uberaba and the other in Cachoeira. Tuesday we spent the night with Elder Gustin and Elder Rocha in Uberaba and it was good. We ate pizza, talked a little and then fell asleep. I started off the day with Elder Rocha who is a master at talking with people. I learned a lot from him, but I also killed him because apparently I'm a bit of a speed walker now so yeah… It was a great morning and then after I went with Elder Gustin and he just had fun the rest of the day. Wednesday we went to Cachoeira and I stayed with my great Spainard friend Elder Diego! I love that dog. He's so nice and funny. I had a wonderful time being in a new area and talking with completely new people. We had some good lessons as well.

Newbie Arrivals๐Ÿ›ฌ
Friday after an amazing lunch with Bispo we had to go into Curitiba and pick up two new missionaries who arrived to the field. We picked up Elder Granados (from Mexico) and Elder Bastos (from Logan, UT). They both lived with us for the past 3 days and it was great. I had Elder Bastos as my companion for that time and man I was laughing a lot. He is hilarious, but has a powerful spirit with him. He also is similar in personality to me so we hit pretty well together. We had fun teaching people the gospel and inviting our friends to be baptized. I'll never forget his testimonies that he would leave with his broken Portuguese. One time he said that he, “Love baptized, I know baptized is good, when I am 8 year old son I baptized.” It was so funny at the time, but together people understood what he wanted to get across. We also ate quite a bit of pizza and made pastels.

Transfers๐Ÿš
Welp we both stayed, but the Zone has now changed. We have many new people who have come in. That includes my second son Elder Slaugh. It's crazy how that all turns out. We also have two Sister missionaries and they are the only ones in the entire zone, so we will see how that all turns out. There are a lot of things changing and I'm excited to see what miracles will come.


Here are some pictures I totally didn't forget last week:  






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tongue Tied in my Native Tongue; Mission Weeks 72-73?; Area: Guaraituba, Boa Vista Zone

  Hello everyone! Welcome back to another email from Elder Hyatt, let's jump into it because a lot and not a lot has happened these past...